3 poems

six weeks holidays 

I look at the sky and hope it rains
So i don’t have to feel bad
About staying in and playing
Playstation games  


But I will either way


I see kids around the block
Some are kids that i know
That i know i should be out with
But am not


The sun is both a dream
And a cage
The bringer of life
And the (unwanted) reminder of it


Nothing is happening
And it keeps on happening


trainwards


The red car lights pass by
Like an army of blood clots
While I too pass them by
Me never to know them
And them never to know me

All train journeys
Are painfully boring
Sat among mouths that don’t talk
And fingers that don’t point
All in the good name of politeness

And you think of the journey:
That’s a few hours I’ll never get back
But no time was stolen
No thief ransacked your hours
The hours were yours: you spent them on the train

standing at the bar

You need to be drunk for some reason
Although I’m not sure what it is
And no one can tell me
So I chug down the drink to avoid the question

The bar is lit up with faces
Some I know, others I don’t
All people I’d likely never see again
If it wasn’t for the bar we’re crowding
Like it’s a holy temple
And the Jager is our communion wine

The topic of conversation
Is old stories
Most of which i don’t remember
Or wasn’t there for
So I smile, laugh and drink
And think of the bars I’d rather be at

Comments

Popular Posts